I had the face left over from yesterday’s make and wanted to see if it could become part of a pair of earrings…
I cut the tin face in half with shears and cut 2 rectangles of copper…
The copper textured by hammering wire onto the copper, it give quite an organic texture, I then coloured the copper with the torch flame (but you could use liver of sulphur) and slightly sanded the high spots.
I then drilled holes in the tin and copper and riveted the tin faces onto the copper sheets with silver wire rivets.
I added handmade silver ear wires (similar to yesterdays) et voila !
Certainly one of a kind, unusual earrings! I’m selling these for £12.
May Make Challenge – I’ve challenged myself to make a piece of jewellery every day in May and post about it – follow my blog to see the next installment !